GreenTree Garden Supply is seeking a gardening expert to work as a salesperson in our retail store. We're a small, growing business that specializes in selling gardening supplies to growers of all types -- indoor growers, hydroponic growers, farmers, home gardeners, and anyone in between. In addition, GreenTree manufactures its own line of sustainable, high-quality potting soils, which we showcase in our store.
This salesperson will be responsible for:
- Customer service and sales
- Assisting with ordering and inventory tracking
- Planting and caring for display plants inside and out, keeping them looking beautiful and healthy
- Brainstorming ideas to improve our store -- everything from new products to marketing plans
The person who can round out our team definitely has experience gardening. Experience in customer service and retail is preferred, as well as familiarity with a range of gardening products, especially indoor growing equipment. The ability to pay attention to detail is a must -- from keeping track of customer orders to keeping the shelves dusted and tidy.
Everyone at GreenTree pitches in and works hard. We'd like to find someone who's excited about making a career in the gardening industry and who is passionate about sharing their love of growing with customers.
Depending on the candidate, this may be a 20-hour-a-week position or a 40-hour-a-week, full-time position with benefits.
- Responsible and trustworthy
- Have reliable transportation
- Flexible schedule, including weekends
Additional preferred qualifications:
- Experience with cash registers and point-of-sale software
- Proficiency with standard software, like Word and Excel
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume, and list of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org, attention Holly.